These cookies is great fragrant spicy baking. Additionaly to the usual spices – cinnamon and nutmeg we add black pepper. The rich taste of buckwheat honey will complete the composition.
If you are thinking of black pepper in the recipe, we will immediately respond to your question: cookies do not get a sharp taste. Pepper just adds for baking subtle light piquancy. And honey does not turn into poison when heated! A lot of recipes contain honey in hot form, including the ancient recipes. There is no scientific evidence for this “insidious transformation.” Unfortunately, heated honey loses its healing properties. It’s true, we can only taste honey and as a bonus, honey is a natural preservative keeps cookies fresh for a longer time.
- butter (at room temperature) – 120 g;
- sugar – 70 g;
- buckwheat honey – 150 g;
- one egg;
- soda – 1/2 tsp.;
- cinnamon – 1/2 tsp.;
- black pepper — 1/2 tsp.;
- nutmeg — 1/2 tsp.;
- Cocoa powder – 25 g;
- Flour – 350 g.
- Mix in a convenient high-capacity butter and sugar with a mixer, beat until white. The smaller is the sugar, the more smooth is the cookies’ surface.
- Divide the egg and pour honey. If honey is thick, it can be heated a little. Best for used is buckwheat honey, as it gives a beautiful color and rich aroma. But it can be replaced by any other.
- Add the spices: cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper. And for sure a half of teaspoon of baking soda, which interacting with honey makes cookies more elaborate.
- Sift the flour in small portions, each time stirring with a dough paddle. Add the flour until the dough is obedient, that means it will roll into a nice ball and do not stick to your hands. The dough should get an elastic and pliable.
- Ready balls wrap in foil and put them in the refrigerator at least for an hour. If you are in a hurry — flat the ball, so the dough will cool more quickly.
- Part of cooled dough spread on the surface (in this case on silicone mat) and roll out to a thickness of 3-4mm.
- The oven heats up to 175 degrees. Cuted forms spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. It all depends on the oven, so care to avoid dehydrating cookies.
- We obtain the finished cookies from the oven and allowed to cool on a lattice. Keep our spicy chocolate cookies best in an airtight container.