Special for meat gurmans! Beef needs special attitude. It is easy to dry it up and meat will be tough and not tasty. Therefore it is very important to chose right marinade, wich will add juiciness and accentuate the taste. Also the technology of cooking is important and carefully selected spices as well.
Of course, proper preparation begins with the high quality meat purchase. Choose a piece without streaks and fairly lengthy, this is ideal for baking.
- beef – 800 g (one whole piece);
- juice of one lemon (can be replaced by 1 tablespoon of lemon juice);
- apple juice – 50 ml;
- balsamic vinegar – 2 tablespoons;
- olive oil – 50 ml;
- spices: seasonings for meat “Recipes from Chef” or a mixture of peppers, salt, fresh thyme and/or rosemary;
- foil and preferably a meat thermometer.
- For our magic marinade: mix olive oil, lemon juice, apple juice, balsamic vinegar and spices. Leave the beef in the marinade for at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- When the meat is well marinated, wrap it in foil and pour by marinade, it is still useful to us.
- Bake beef for 15 minutes at a temperature of 220 degrees, after decrease the temperature to 180 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Then unfold the foil, pour the meat by released juices and marinade. On top of the meat put a couple of sprigs of thyme or rosemary and bake it in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
Cooking time depends on the oven, so it is the best to check the readiness of meat by special thermometer. The temperature of the meat should be 70 degrees. If there is no thermometer, check the readiness of the meat by sharp steaks fork or knife – they must go smoothly. Even more reliable option – to cut off a piece and try. Depending on the type of meat it should not be pink, but still must remain juicy.
- Take out the meat from the oven, wrap in foil back and give it lie down in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
Our perfect beef is ready!..
Serve the meat with vegetable salad and red dry wine. Bon Appetite!